A. SCHOOL CALENDAR
PLEASE RETAIN THIS INFORMATION FOR REFERENCE. THE OFFICE WILL NOT ISSUE MEMOS CONCERNING THE SCHEDULE OF CLASSES UNLESS CHANGES ARE NECESSARY.
The physical preparation of your child for school is perhaps the simplest of your parental responsibilities. To derive the greatest benefit and satisfaction from the school experience, many important habits have to be developed and established in the home. Some of these are going to sleep on time, eating breakfast, taking responsibility for materials, following simple directions, respecting the rights and property of others, showing self-control, speaking courteously, clearly, distinctly, and knowing home address and telephone number.
The following items are basic daily requirements for school:
- All boys are required to wear kippot in school. Please check with your child to be sure he comes to school each day with his kippah. Our boys grades K-8 are encouraged to wear tzitzit and they are available for purchase in the office.
- Books must be neatly covered at all times. All texts are supplied by the school and are the property of the school. Children will be requested to pay for books which have been defaced by them or lost through negligence.
- Parents should encourage their children to come to school prepared with items requested by their teachers.
- Parents are asked not to purchase any school supplies until teachers advise children as to special needs.
B. SCHOOL SESSIONS
- The school day for 5th- 8th grades begins with Davening at 8:15 A.M.
- 1st through 4th grades line up each morning in the gym at 8:25 A.M. Supervision is available for students who arrive after 8:00 A.M.
- Kindergarten children will be picked up from the gym by their teachers at 8:15 A.M.
- Classes are dismissed at 3:40 P.M. Please anticipate that it will take several minutes for your child to arrive in the lobby at the end of the day. Similarly, parents picking up children at dismissal should ARRIVE ON TIME for prompt pick-up.
- Early Friday 2:00 P.M. dismissal will begin in late October and will extend until the week before Passover. This allows our teachers and students to arrive home in time for Shabbat. The exact dates are indicated in the school calendar