The following regulations have been formulated in order for school and children to function with maximum efficiency. We ask for full cooperation of the parents.
- Promptness – Our school day begins promptly at 8:15 A.M for grades 5-8 and 8:30 A.M for grades K-4. Parents are asked to please have their children here on time daily. Any child arriving late three times will have one full absence recorded on his/her record. Lateness and unexcused absences will reflect on the progress and grade that a child will receive. Students in the Middle School who arrive late two (2) times during a semester, will lose one full grade in prayers on their report cards.
- Attendance in Class – Children are expected to attend classes daily except when ill. Excuses will be accepted only in the case of personal illness, serious illness or death in the family, and unusually inclement weather. Parents should send a note explaining absences. Absences before or after holidays or before the closing of the school term are strongly discouraged. Additionally, the Hebrew Academy does not approve of parents taking their children for family vacations during school days. These should be planned during school vacations.
- Early Dismissal – Students will be excused from class early only for compelling reasons. Parents are urged to keep such requests to a minimum and to arrange medical and dental appointments AFTER school hours. In the event that it is necessary for a child to leave school during the day, the following procedure must be observed:
- Your child must bring a note to the office in the morning stating reason and time he/she will be picked up “by a parent or guardian.”
- Parents must meet their child in the foyer of the building at time of pick-up. Your child will not be permitted to wait outside the building. Before leaving, parents must sign an Early Dismissal sheet at the school office indicating date, reason, and time of child’s pick up.
- Absentee Reporting System – Help us by notifying the school when your child is out and tell us when he/she is expected to return.
- Visiting Classrooms – A “Visitor’s Pass” must be obtained at the front office. Parents are encouraged to visit classes, school programs, and holiday celebrations. If you wish to visit the classroom for any reason, you must first obtain permission from the Principal. If parents are visiting we request that they be seated in the rear of the room, not to engage teachers or children in conversation during class session, and not to bring younger brothers or sisters to school. We also ask that parents cooperate by not entering classroom areas for purposes of delivering books or messages. The office will see to it that your message or books are delivered.
- Students are not permitted cell phone or portable music device usage during the school day. In the event of an infraction the device/phone will be confiscated and only a parent will be permitted to retrieve the device.