- Parents must provide lunches from their homes daily for their children.Mondays and Tuesdays will be meat/pareve days and Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays will be dairy/pareve days. On each of those days the Academy will provide a drink for the children at no charge. On meat days we will provide a choice of juice or water and on dairy days we will provide a choice of milk or water.
- Parents are asked to provide food that has the appropriate hechsher (Rabbinic supervision)
- Parents will not have to adhere to “Pas Yisrael” or “Chalav Yisrael” when providing lunch for their children. However, the school will still follow those parameters when birthdays or parties are celebrated in school. Parents may provide fresh fruit and vegetables for snack and lunches as well. It goes without saying that there must be a basic trust between our parents and the school when preparing sandwiches for the children in adhering to our Kosher guidelines.
- The following is a partial list of acceptable kosher symbols: The OU,KafK,OK,CRC,Big Y and Crown bakeries, all HKC of Hartford products.
- If you have any questions feel free to call Rabbi Weiss for elucidation.
- Our school will strictly adhere to a “no sharing” policy. Children will not be allowed to share any part of their lunches with a friend. This will be made clear to our teachers and to all the students.
- In case a child forgets their lunch, the school will have on hand Peanut butter, jam and bread. Parents will be charged $5.00 for this service.