School Dress (Grades 1 and Up)
The following dress code is expected from all our children. This dress code will be enforced for all students from grades 4-8. Students will be asked to make the proper corrections, or parents will be asked to bring suitable dress. In grades K-3, though we expect all children to dress accordingly, we understand that the dress of these children is usually a reflection of the parent’s guidance. We ask for your cooperation. In addition, parents and guests are asked to dress with discretion when visiting our school. The same high standard of respect for our school as a place of Torah is also expected by our family of parents and guests. We ask for your cooperation.
- Shirts – Only collared polo or button down oxford shirts are permitted. Tee shirts are not permitted. Any writing or pictures across front or back of shirt or oversized shirts are not acceptable. Tee shirts with any writing may not be worn under the collared button down shirt. Shirts must be tucked in. Sweatshirts are only permitted if there is no writing on the front or back and worn over the shirt not instead of it. We recommend white, light blue or navy blue shirts. Long sleeve shirts with the school emblem are available for purchase in the school office.
- Pants – Clean neat slacks, flat front or pleated, chinos or corduroy. We recommend black, navy blue or Khaki. No jeans or sweat pants, camouflage (fatigues), snap pants (rip off) shorts, cargo pockets, extra zippers, Velcro, rips or any other kind of embellishments.
- Sweaters are permitted only over collared shirts. Any writing or pictures across chest or back is not permitted.
- Sneakers or shoes with socks, laces tied.
- No earrings or cover-ups on earrings.
- No tattoos allowed.
- Coloring of hair is not permitted.
- Hair should be neat and combed. Long hair is not permitted. The inappropriateness of the length of the hair will be decided on by the principal of the school. Upon infraction, the child will have 2 days to receive the appropriate hair cut.
- Shirts – Only neat collared Polo shirts or collared or crew neck blouses are permitted. Long sleeve polo shirts with the emblem of our school embroidered on them are available for purchase in the school office.
- Tee shirts are not permitted. Any writing or pictures across the front or back of shirt or oversized shirts are not acceptable. Sweatshirts are only permitted if there is no writing on the front or back, and worn over the shirt not instead of it. Shirts that do not cover the midriff are not permitted.
- Sleeve length must adhere to modesty. Cap length or sleeveless are not permitted.
- Sweaters are permitted only over collared blouses. Any writing or pictures across chest or back is not permitted.
- Girls in grades 1-8 should wear skirts or dresses that are reflective of the school’s atmosphere. The appropriate length should cover their knees when they are sitting which is approximately three inches below the knees when one is standing. Slacks or pants underneath their skirts are mandatory during Gym time.
- The style of the dresses should be full pleated, kick pleated, straight lined or A-lined.
- Makeup, including mascara, eye-shadow and lipstick are not suitable for school wear. Coloring of hair is not permitted.
- Sneakers, shoes with socks, or stockings, laces tied are permitted. Shoes without stockings are not permitted.
- Jewelry – Any jewelry that will cause undue attention is not permitted. Tattoos are not permitted.
All clothing should be size appropriate. Students are encouraged to dress adequately, suitable for weather conditions, and in good taste. Any article or lack of dress that tends to draw undue attention, interfere with instruction, threaten health or safety, is considered out of order and the students will be asked to take the necessary corrective action or be returned to the parents immediately.
Friday Dress – Every Friday, in honor of Shabbat and to enhance school spirit and unity with the State of Israel, students are required to wear white shirts and blue pants/skirts.
School Shirts for Sale – We will be selling shirts with the emblem of our school in the school office at a cost of $15.00 per shirt. They are long sleeve polo shirts, suitable for winter or spring. We encourage parents to purchase these for student usage.